Hi there guys! sparkpaw
I'm not sure what happened to letrainfalldown
- I know you've been around dear, so I assume you've just been busy.
I decided to take this into my own hands, since I think we need an official journal with rules. So after I post a bit of an update, I'll post our rules for submissions. ^_^
So I'm thinking - and I'd like to bounce ideas off of the members and fellow admins - that we need ways to get this group more engaged. Perhaps we should holds contests and sponsors?
Contest ideas: Just theme's, like "Spring" or "Greed" or "Purple" etc.
Sponsors: Meaning, members nominate artists that are less well-known and a part of this group. Then the top five Nominations will get a journal feature from us. Thoughts?Rules:What is Accepted?
- Horse drawings and paintings. Traditional or digital.
- If horse(s) are secondary/background animals they must be clearly visible
- Photo manipulations (credit must
- Stock photography
- Fantasy Horses
- Anthropomorphic HorsesWhat is Not Accepted?
- Horse Designs or Imports
- Anything submitted to an incorrect folder.
- If you are unsure where it belongs, feel free to note the group and ask.FAQWhat Belongs in the "Other" Folder?
- Photography OF ARTWORK.
- Be it sculptures, statues, etc - as long as YOU created the piece you are photographing, it will be allowed. This does NOT include memorials, Breyers, etc.What Belongs in the "Resources" Folder?
- FREE TO USE Lineart
- If your lines cost money or points, DO NOT SUBMIT IT.
- These tutorials can deal with horses OR backgrounds - not humans, dogs, cats, etc.
- If it is a multi-animal tutorial, we will accept that.
- Stock PhotographyCan I submit my Advertising Journal?
No.Can I submit a Contest Journal?
This is up for debate- please NOTE the group with a link. If we admins decide it is worth the groups' support, and there is no harm to come from it, we will invite it to the "Other" Gallery.
- There is no official way to tell what will be accepted and what won't. It is up to admin discretion.
That's it for now! Please feel free to leave us some feedback! Have a question to ask? Go for it! Should we add an FAQ journal? If so, please leave questions for us to answer.Thanks for all the feedback! Please feel free to leave more.
Thanks for reading, and Have Fun Horsing Around!